Law Offices of Kennedy and Brown

Social Security Disability

No one thinks that they will be the one to suffer a disability. It’s not something we plan out. But it does happen and that’s why disability benefits are available through social security. Regardless of your age, if you’re unable to work because you’ve become medically disabled and that disability is expected to last no less than 12 months, then you may qualify for Social Security Disability benefits. Benefits may also be available to children and spouses depending on each individual situation. The Social Security system can be complicated to navigate – you don’t have to go at it alone.

At the Law Offices of Kennedy and Brown, we have the experience and knowledge to assist you in your appeal process.

Our office represents individuals throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania, including, Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, Stroudsburg, Tunkhannock, Luzerne County, Lackawanna County, Monroe County, Wyoming County and Carbon County who have claims or appeals for Social Security Disability (SSD) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).

Obtaining Social Security benefits can be a very frustrating process. The first step is to file a claim with your local Social Security office. Many claims are denied the first time submitted. If your claim is denied, the next step is a hearing held before an Administrative Law Judge.

The Law Offices of Kennedy and Brown represent those clients on their Social Security claims by preparing and filing the appropriate appeal paperwork and required forms, as well as obtaining all medical evidence and presenting our client’s testimony at the hearing.


A person is eligible for Social Security Disability benefits if he/she is unable to hold a job because of a diagnosed medical problem, physical or mental, which has persisted or will persist at least one year and/or is expected to result in death.

Claim Denied!

If your claim is denied or you disagree with Social Security’s decision, you can appeal. You must file an appeal within 60 days of receipt of the decision. If you don’t, you’re right to appeal may be lost. For help with your appeal, call our office today for a free consultation.

John H. Kennedy, ESQ.

Call For A Free Consultation. Only Pay When We Win.
(570) 203-1333

Follow Us